Monday, March 16, 2015

11 to 5

So to start the off season I had 11 1st rd picks in the 2015 draft.  In the aftermath of the deepest draft in CPL history n Saturday I had only picked 5 time in the 1st rd.  So I had someone ask me "where did all those picks go to?  To that I had this answer:

Started with
#2, #4, #6, #7, #8, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16

Ended with
2B Yoan Mocada (#2 pick in the draft, had I not gotten the #1 at one point I would have got Moncada at #2 thanks to a pretrade deal that secured him for me at #2)

SP Noal Synderguard (traded #1* overall to get this two players)
*traded #4, #6, #7 for #1 and #10

2B Dilson Herrera (traded #1* overall to get this two players)
*traded #4, #6, #7 for #1 and #10

SP Tyler Kolek (took with the 10th pick gotten from the trade with Brian of #4, #6, #7 for #1 and #10.

**so picks #4, #6, #7 turned into Kolek, Synderguard, Herrera and it is what allowed me to to take Moncada at #2, without that series of trades Moncada is not mine at #2 I feel.

SP Archie Bradley (traded the #8 in the draft for him)

OF Michael Conforto (drafted with the #11 pick, picked him here wasn't sure if Tommy liked him or not from the #12 spot, but he has power so I thought there was a chance)

OF Bradley Zimmer (drafted at #13)

2B Forrest Wall (drafted at #14)

***picks #12 and #16 were traded in the three team draft day deal which the Heroes got Brian's 2016 1st rounder (guessing it will be top 3) and a 5th rd thins year in which Heroes drafted 1B AJ Reed.

OF Manual Margot and a 1st rd pick of Cale's in 2017 (for pick #15, a very mixed reviewed trade, had some people tell me they loved it for Cale and others said they loved it for me, I look at it like this I gave #15 for a future 1st rounder and really nice prospect, ranked #72BA, #35 fangraphs, #61BP, #70Klaw to name a few)

So that is where 11 first round picks turned into 10 player and 2 future 1st rounders.

No comments:

Post a Comment