Friday, February 18, 2011

Tanner Scheppers #77 BB Top 100


Here is what a couple of there writer's said about him.


Full story at http://bullpenbanter.com




Al Skorupa (77): I loved Scheppers last year and I'm still a big fan. I am now reasonably certain he ends up in relief and his stock has dropped some for me, but not all that much. Scheppers throws in the upper 90’s and has two plus secondary pitches. Both are breaking balls, though, and he still hasn't really come up with an effective off speed pitch. This is still a pitcher with special stuff that deserves a high ranking either as a starter or reliever. Scheppers did struggle at the end of the season, but it seemed more like he ran out of gas than anything. I do feel this is a prospect who is getting overlooked somehow. He answered most of the major questions we had about him last year at this time. His stuff is major league ready and filthy. Also, his arm didn't fall off - which is a plus.

Michael Herrick (71): There may be more risk with Scheppers than other relievers, but I think his potential as a reliever is even higher than guys like Kimbrel or Walden. I think there is a good chance he can make it as a starter, even if the change doesn't really develop. His stuff is so filthy, I think he could probably get by and be successful as is. If the change develops...we're looking at a potential ace. The range of outcomes is pretty wide here, but the potential is great enough to rank him #71 on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment